So sorry for the long absence from the blog…for those of you who are writers you know the old “writers block” that sweeps in upon us causing us pain and misery. Well, that is exactly what happened to me the last few weeks. It was not only the writers block but I think I would term it as a“Life Block.”
My entire life seemed to be blocked, what should I do? Where do I want to be in the next year? Who do I want to spend time with? What can I accomplish in one year? What is important? Where should I live? How will I support myself? What do I love to do more than anything?
So, I started the Artist’s Way, A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity. A wonderful and lovely book that is a “Course in Discovering and Recovering Your Creative Self” by Julia Cameron. Check it out…
Anyway, I did get things accomplished. Here is a brief list:
– Set up a map of my life over the next year (still working on it)
– Did several concerts around Paris
– Met amazing musicians in the above mentioned process
– Figured out what I want my next CD to look like
– Started pulling together tours for the Pacific Northwest
– Started pulling together a tour along the old Mother Road, Route 66
– Un-blocked myself in the process
Whew, that was a lot to get done and now I would like to thank everyone who was there in the process…but it was mainly my mind that got in the way of life.